Wednesday, January 6, 2010

An Update.


I thought it appropriate on the eve of a new year to post a short update on what I have been up to. Well chiefly, on focusing on my family and the toughest calling of them all, namely raising two daughters. Secondly, focusing on my declining health and trying to prolong what in hindsight will look downright silly - once in the presence of my Lord. Third, continuing in my blessed private studies, devouring old and new works in a wide field of studies.

Around July of last year my (few) activities on the internet came to a headway when I received a string of personal attacks via e-mail. Petty attempts at drawing me into a blog war and suchlike. That is when it became clear to me that the small time I was devoting on the internet was perhaps being wasted and that I should leave the blog (wars) to the various knuckle-draggers and enthusiasts who delight in sensationalism over sober, constructive, critical and analytical discussion.

For what it's worth, I will try to post the occasional book review or comment on some political / religious current event.

3 comments:

The Catholic Journeyman said...

R.E. -
A) I happen to be playing music tonight @ a Healing Mass, I will pray for you there.

B) Bravo to your rufusal and restraint on the Blog wars unfortunate reality. Every time I dipped my toe in that water the yield was fruitless (other than reinforcing my own faith by inversion). Casting pearls and such, as is said.

til later...Peace to you R.E.
-D

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

Anonymous said...

This is my first visit here, but I will be back soon, because I really like the way you are writing, it is so simple and honest